X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get to bios! Solved!

Hello all,

I've installed kubuntu (which is way cool by the way) awhile back and now I can't get into to the bios. I am running a dual boot kubuntu/vista, when my box boots I get an intel splash screen for about 5 sec that says f2 to get to bios. I hit f2 at this point , which used to work just fine, and it just continues on to grub. Any suggestions? Also can I delete items from the grub menu? It shows several revisions of Kubuntu and recovery modes and the list is starting to fill the entire screen. Thanks in advance.

Re: Can't get to bios!

Do you have anything special with your keyboard? Maybe a PS/2 to USB converter or something? Any changes since it worked? Is it lighting the LEDs at boot? Are you trying F2 before it says hit F2? As in tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap... from the moment you turn it on?

Sorry, no specific help here (I wanted to help, but quickly realized I had nothing)... good luck.

Comment

*buntu does nothing whatsoever to the BIOS access in your hardware (neither does Windows btw). Probably you need to hit the numlock key to turn on the Function keys -- I think when you are hitting F2 it is not actually turned on.

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks for the swift replies. You were RIGHT! I had the function keys off. Now I can get on with troubleshooting my video problem. Thanks for the assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by mogators8
          You were RIGHT!
          I'm going to make my wife read this .....

Comment

Working...
          X