This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu on Dual-Processor/Multiple amounts of RAM

Don't know if anyone has had experience with putting Kubuntu onto a computer that has a Intel Xeon (dual) processor with about 4GB of RAM. Is this possible and will Kubuntu recognize it properly? I know there are also quad processors as well and was wondering if Kubuntu supports that as well. Info on this would be much helpful. Thanks

Re: Kubuntu on Dual-Processor/Multiple amounts of RAM

I don't know about Intel, but it's fine with my AMD dual core...and reads my 4GB of RAM, if that's any help.

Regards,
    zenarcher
    Kubuntu 16.10 (64 Bit)<br />MSI K9NGM4-V V2<br />AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+<br />4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 RAM<br />NVIDIA GeForce 210 PCI-E 1MB<br />WD 250GB SATA HD<br />Dell SP2009W Flat Panel Monitor

Comment

you should not have any problems. Kubuntu should recognize it right from the start.
      &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

Yep, my Core 2 Extreme runs on a D975XBX motherboard with 4GB of RAM. 64-bit handles it all just fine.

Comment

Working...
        X