This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LiveCD not working...

So I downloaded kubuntu, and burned it to a CD. However, when I tried to use it to boot, I got to the GUI screen, chose the language...then when I select any option other than "boot from first hard disk" the thing does nothing or freezes. It just makes some CD reading noise, then stops. Any ideas why?

Re: LiveCD not working...

Did you verify that the downloaded .iso files md5 hash was correct? If the .iso had errors, well ...
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hmmm....

How do I check that?

Also, I downloaded this thing twice (although from the same server) so if there's an error with the image, doesn't that mean that the file on the server itself is faulty?

Comment

Last question first: No. Errors can occur during the downloading itself.

First question last: Checking the md5 will require that you generate it from the downloaded .iso file. Windoze has utilities to do this (which I'm assuming you have installed). This link explains one way to do this.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Dang...I got the number for the one on my hard drive, but not the one online..

e0b9861df26c54acfd62bf35abe859f6

Should I just keep redownloading and burning until it works?

And I was wondering if the disk has to be closed when burned - the programs in ubuntu don't seem to give this option, so I couldn't make it close.

Comment

did u burn it at 4x speed or less? it's highly recommended to do so.
            Wanna know more about Me and My computer then click here

Comment

I did, from hard-learned lessons from my windows CDs...

Comment

Please take a look at THIS PAGE from the Ubuntu Community Help Wiki (and some of the pages referenced therein). I think it explains things pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                X