This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grub splash image doesn't show behind menu

I have just recently installed the grub splash addition, but when I use a splash image, the menu box is black instead of showing the background image. Since the highlight is also black, you can't see which item is selected.

Anyone have a fix for this?
    I distrust morning people, largely because I suspect them of getting together early one day while the rest of us were asleep and setting up the rules of civilization.

Re: Grub splash image doesn't show behind menu

You might find some insights here (e.g., best resolution, etc.):

dibl: Grub Splash Image -- How To Link
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3088532.0

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Thanks, QqMike. I read that post but it doesn't mention my particular problem.

If anyone has an insight into this, I'd appreciate your sharing it. I'm thinking (only a theory) that my old Aptiva with an old Savage graphics card doesn't have enough "whatever" to do the image behind the menu. It works outside the menu, just not <i>inside</i> it.
      I distrust morning people, largely because I suspect them of getting together early one day while the rest of us were asleep and setting up the rules of civilization.

Comment

Edit your menu.lst file and comment - put a # in front of:
        color cyan/blue white/blue
        Pretty colors and splashimages don't work together (as you've discovered). See Setting the foreground, background and border colors for your GRUB menu. from Herman's Bigpond site on setting the foreground and background colors instead.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X