This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Installing KDE 4.1 RC

when i try to install the kubuntu-desktop-kde4 package i get this error when using apt-get:
    E: /var/cache/apt/archives/kde-window-manager_4%3a4.0.98-0ubuntu1~hardy1~ppa2_amd64.deb: trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/kde4/share/doc/kde4/HTML/en/kcontrol/kwindecoration/index.docbook', which is also in package kdebase-runtime-data
    dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    /var/cache/apt/archives/kde-window-manager_4%3a4.0.98-0ubuntu1~hardy1~ppa2_amd64.deb

and this error when using synaptic:

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/kde-window-manager_4%3a4.0.98-0ubuntu1~hardy1~ppa2_amd64.deb: trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/kde4/share/doc/kde4/HTML/en/kcontrol/kwindecoration/index.docbook', which is also in package kdebase-runtime-data

Re: Problem Installing KDE 4.1 RC

There are overlapping:
    kde-window-manager...index.docbook', which is also in package kdebase-runtime-data
    You could wait a repaired package or you could use force > Using force/giving permission to overwrite. Be careful.
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Before you force the installation try to (re)install the conflicting package. Most likely this is a beta2 package that has not yet been updated. Had this 3 times yesterday with several packages. This was on a clean install of 8.04.1 remix upgraded to 4.1RC1

Comment

Preparing to replace kdebase-bin-kde4 4:4.0.5-0ubuntu1~hardy1 (using .../kdebase-bin-kde4_4%3a4.0.98-0ubuntu1~hardy1~ppa1_i386.deb) ...
        Unpacking replacement kdebase-bin-kde4 ...
        dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/kdebase-bin-kde4_4%3a4.0.98-0ubuntu1~hardy1~ppa1_i386.deb (--unpack):
        trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/kde4/lib/kde4/kcm_nic.so', which is also in package kinfocenter-kde4
        Preparing to replace kdebase-data-kde4 4:4.0.5-0ubuntu1~hardy1 (using .../kdebase-data-kde4_4%3a4.0.98-0ubuntu1~hardy1~ppa1_all.deb) ...
        Unpacking replacement kdebase-data-kde4 ...
        dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/kdebase-data-kde4_4%3a4.0.98-0ubuntu1~hardy1~ppa1_all.deb (--unpack):
        trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/kde4/share/kde4/apps/kcmusb/usb.ids', which is also in package kinfocenter-kde4

Ugh... same type of problem

Comment

Well, after ditching my .kde4 (probably not necessary), and
          Code:
          sudo apt-get install kdebase-kde4
          and then some
          Code:
          sudo dpkg --configure -a
          and
          Code:
          sudo apt-get -f install
          magic, the problem has seemed to been fixed... not really sure why though...

Comment

Working...
          X