This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: &lt;SOLVED&gt; Adept PM keeps crashing

ok, so I kept pouring over the back trace logs to try and figure out what the problem was. (I'm a noob)
    It seemed to me that Adept was just not getting out to the repositories. I had installed Anon Proxy a little while back so I decided to remove that and set all my proxy setting back to default. I then went to Konsole and did "sudo dpkg --configure -a"
    "sudo apt-get autoclean" and then "sudo apt-get autoremove". After all that I rebooted and Adept now works like a charm.

Thanks for the help and suggestions!
    &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

Better late than never ....

I keep two logs of package changes on my systems. One for packages identified for upgrade and install from Adept Notifier, and a separate one for packages I opt to install/uninstall, either through Adept Manager or from the CLI with sudo apt-get. Each log contains the date and the package(s) involved. Takes just a few minutes to maintain, but it ensures that I know exactly what was changed and when.

Glad to hear that you figured out the problem, and that you are 'back in business.'
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Great that you fixed it!

In the future, be cautious about using "apt-get autoremove". In some cases, it can inadvertently function as "autonuke".

Comment

Working...
        X