This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.04 update to 8.04.1

is there a way to update with Adept or do I have to use a CD?
    -- bill --

Re: 8.04 update to 8.04.1

If you do regular updates, you should have it all. Just run Adept Manager, click "full upgrade" and hit apply.
    Dell Optiplex 580<br />Kubuntu 10.10 + backports

Comment

yeah, i've done that. just haven't seen the update for that. how would i know if that's come down? sorry noob here...
      -- bill --

Comment

8.04.1 is not a single update, it's just a compilation of updates up to a certain point. I think it's just that a lot of stuff wasn't quite ready to go when 8.04.0 was released, so now they've marked a point release so there can be a new iso. That way people installing the LTS in 2 years aren't starting out with firefox 3 beta.

As long as you've installed all your available updates, you are running 8.04.1. You can check the contents of /etc/issue as well. It should say 8.04.1
        Dell Optiplex 580<br />Kubuntu 10.10 + backports

Comment

Thanks for the help.
          -- bill --

Comment

One can also, on any running GUI application (Konqueror for example) click on Help > About Konqueror (or About KDE) and see what version is being used. On my HH 8.04 running KDE 4, Help shows:
            Konqueror
            Version 4.00.83 (KDE 4.0.83 (KDE 4.1 Beta2)

Using KDE 4.00.83 (KDE 4.0.83 (KDE 4.1 Beta2)
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
            X