X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Connection During 8.04 online upgrade. [Solved]

Hi All,

I decided to go for the kill and download (upgrade) to 8.04 on my laptop but the connection was severed due to my CAP restriction (see post "Newbie Support / Help the New Guy / Re: Update from 7.10 to 8.04 with Disc instead of download.").

Thus I had to wait for new month and then try to correct "upgrade". I ran a few commands I found in the forum.

How can I be sure that the "upgrade" was completed successfully?
    It does not look the same on the laptop as on my desktop that was updated successfully to 8.04.

When I run update manager it does not give the version update option any more does this mean update was successful? It looks the same as previous version?

Thanks for the help.

Re: Lost Connection During 8.04 online upgrade.

Well, I have no idea what you have done to upgrade, but if your /etc/apt/sources.list is full of references to hardy instead of that other gibberish (I can never remember these daft names...)

AND

you have successfully run sudo apt-get update followed by sudo apt-get upgrade followed by sudo apt-get dist-upgrade and topped it with a sudo apt-get install -f - and perhaps repeated the procedure a couple of times depending on your reps then...

...welcome to 8.04
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Re: Lost Connection During 8.04 online upgrade. [Solved]

Thks toad.

Ran all the commands and some stuff did download etc.

lsb_release -a = 8.04

Yipee...

Comment

Re: Lost Connection During 8.04 online upgrade. [Solved]

Your welcome
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
        X