This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I Have a Big problem...

Install envy! Open up adept, type in envy and install - it will take care of your NVIDIA problems
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Hmmm -- it sounds like maybe you have BOTH an integrated video chip and an added-on Nvidia card.

First, go into BIOS and disable the onboard video.

Then, install the Nvidia card, boot Kubuntu, and use EnvyNG to install the video driver.

Comment

What do you think of this post/link?:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=855970

I installed the Nvidia drivers in Debian Lenny with some problems but mostly out of my own inexperience and newbieness.

I used Kubuntu before and used Envy (but not the most up-to-date EnvyNG). I suppose EnvyNG still does most/all(?) of the work for you? It deals with the kernel headers and modules?

I didn't know that I have to worry about kernel updates breaking my drivers but at least I learned a few things. To OP, I would use EnvyNG. I think the developer is just doing the 'hard work' of configuring the drivers and wrote a script/program that does it in (several?) steps. At least, I am guessing so.

Comment

Working...
        X