This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Have a Big problem...

When I try to install this in Graphical mode, It's Show Logo and progress bar goes up and down. then progress bar stopped moving and starting to fill.

When it's in near 10%, installation stopped working. ant not moving ahead.

then I try to Install in Text mode, no problem came. but when I try to Start the OS, It will show error...

I also try with Fedora 9 and Ubuntu 7.1 x86 live CD versions.

but I resonantly use Ubuntu 7.1 x86 live CD without any problems...

Please Help me....

My PC Specifications is:
    Intel G945 MoBo with on board Soundcard
    Core 2 Duo 2.2 Ghz
    2 x 1 GB DDR2 RAM
    Nvidia 8500GT 512 MB VGA
    80 GB PATA & 120 GB SATA HDD
    LG DVD Writer

Re: I Have a Big problem...

but when I try to Start the OS, It will show error...
    What does the error say?
    Specs:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

Originally posted by 3vi1
      but when I try to Start the OS, It will show error...
      What does the error say?
      Now it isn't show any error massage.
      but it stuck in near 10%

Comment

Most of the "freezes at xx%" problems are attributable to a problem with the CD ROM.

Tips:

1. Check the md5 sum on the downloaded ISO.

2. Burn using DAO mode if it is available, and set the burn speed at the lowest you have, 4X if possible.

3. Don't trust the "Check CD for Defects" thing -- it can suffer from optimism sometimes.

4. Sometimes the blank media quality is a contributor to problems -- last resort is to try a different brand.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
          Most of the "freezes at xx%" problems are attributable to a problem with the CD ROM.

Tips:

1. Check the md5 sum on the downloaded ISO.

2. Burn using DAO mode if it is available, and set the burn speed at the lowest you have, 4X if possible.

3. Don't trust the "Check CD for Defects" thing -- it can suffer from optimism sometimes.

4. Sometimes the blank media quality is a contributor to problems -- last resort is to try a different brand.

But It's also comes with my Original Ubuntu CDs, that's I requested from site.

Comment

Originally posted by dan01

I had a feeling you would say that .... :P

The only other obvious possibility is a problem with your optical drive -- it doesn't seem to be reading the CD ROM completely. You can test this theory by trying the CD in another PC -- if it is read completely in another drive, then you can assume your drive is the problem.

On the other hand, if another drive can't read that CD ROM, then it's bad news about what you got from the *buntu site.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
              Originally posted by dan01

I had a feeling you would say that .... :P

The only other obvious possibility is a problem with your optical drive -- it doesn't seem to be reading the CD ROM completely. You can test this theory by trying the CD in another PC -- if it is read completely in another drive, then you can assume your drive is the problem.

On the other hand, if another drive can't read that CD ROM, then it's bad news about what you got from the *buntu site.

I got a error now, here it is

[img width=400 height=89]http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/9770/79150529gu6.jpg[/img]

[img width=400 height=83]http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/2710/ttat0.jpg[/img]

Comment

So you tried the same CD in another computer and got a new error? Well, it all points to, as dibl suggested, a bad apple, I mean CD of course. Try downloading one (you on broadband?) and burn it on a CD-RW to test it first...
                Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Plzzz help me......

Comment

As suggested, if the same CD fails on different computers the likelihood that you got a bad CD is quite high. Try downloading one from work/university/friend, whatever
                    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Burn the Kubuntu iso at the slowest speed your drive will go. I've had the same problem with it since Dapper - and back then someone told me to burn it slow. Since then the only times I've had this problem is when I've forgotten and burnt the cd fast. It's the only distro I have a problem with.

So that's my best advice.

Kev

Comment

I'd recommend running memtest as well. Booting to CD tends to highlight RAM issues, since it copies so much of the actual system into RAM.
                        Dell Optiplex 580<br />Kubuntu 10.10 + backports

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo5HH
                          Burn the Kubuntu iso at the slowest speed your drive will go. I've had the same problem with it since Dapper - and back then someone told me to burn it slow. Since then the only times I've had this problem is when I've forgotten and burnt the cd fast. It's the only distro I have a problem with.

So that's my best advice.

Kev
                          but I can fully installed this from text base. then I try to loggin to kubunu, it also stoped at near 10% or 20%.

Comment

I had something similar when I first tried Kubuntu. What happen was I came from Suse, and I use LVM for partitioning my HDs.
                            For whatever reason, *buntu does not support LVM on the installation media.
                            Luckily, I've found a procedure to workaround this limitation.
                            Could it be your case?

Comment

Thanks for all you.
                              I soul my problem.
                              it's come with my Nvidia VGA.
                              I remove it and then kubuntu start perfectly.
                              anyway If you have any solution for Nvidia card pls tell me.

Comment

Working...
                              X