X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed check sums...

Hi!

I am quite new to linux as a whole and had some help from a friend of mine who recommended kubuntu as a distribution. This all started when my XP MCE got it last hick-up and I just got tired of it all... hopefully this marks the end of my bsod's!

However. When i download Hardy Heron or Dapper (and I mean i have tried both KDE 3 and 4) both live-CD's, desktop-CD's and alternate CD's. I get a check sum error on the CD's and they won't install...

Got my disk partitioned and all. Just need a CD without check sum error. Is this a common problem or is it just me? Even tried to download same file several times, and from different browsers.

Hope there's an answer out there for me!

TheMatter

Re: Failed check sums...

Like other Linux Live CD distributions, *buntu uses a very high compression to make the ISO image, and to be successful you have to burn it at a slow speed, on good quality blank media.

So, set your burning software to 4X, and if you still get a bad CD burn, you'll have to find better media. There's some crap out there (at Staples, for example).

EDIT: First make sure your downloaded ISO image has the right md5sum, of course.

Comment

Working...
    X