This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Hardy and virtual machines

I have been using Linux for several years, and Kubuntu since Breezy.

I have a brand-new laptop, on which I would like to run Hardy as my primary OS, but I want to run WinXP and other instances of Linux in virtual machines.

How do I go about this?

Re: Installing Hardy and virtual machines

Good choice!

You basically have the choice of VirtualBox or VMware Player. Both are free (as in money) but licensed. I haven't ever finished setting up a VBox VM, but here's how to do it with VMware Player, which has been a very satisfactory solution for me:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3095339.0

Good luck!

Comment

Should you go for virtualbox then you'll have to run the 24-18 kernel for a couple of weeks longer until virtualbox modules for 19 have been released.

Does vmware not have a delay like that?
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

VMware Player 2.0.4 is running great, both 64-bit (on Kubuntu 8.04) and 32-bit (on sidux 2008-01). I have the latest available kernels on both systems.

Comment

I with out a doubt love VMware player. I have used others but this works so easy. I am not sure but I still use www.easyvmx.com to build the machine. Extract the file fron easyvmx and load it up with your OS cd and you are done.

Noel Vh
          ++Noel Vh++<br />Desktop support Lv II, III<br />Large Pharma company<br />New Jersey USA

Comment

Working...
          X