This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update/replace GG with HH on 64 bit with CD

Decided after running HH with the live CD that I wanted to replace GG completely. When it comes to the "prepare disk space", it wants to split the 7.10 and 8.04 in half, and that is not what I want to do. I also do not want to wipe and re-install the whole drive since I kinda have to keep a Vista partition. I select manual partition. This is what is indicated as my current partitions.

/dev/sda (this is a 160 gig hard drive)
    /dev/sda1 ntfs size 54057mb used 16100
    /dev/sda3 ext3 size 89556mb used 4099
    /dev/sda5 swap 3843 mb 0
    /dev/sda2 ntfs size 12568mb used 10600 (Vista Recovery)

There are no mount points indicated within the current partition table

I have to assume I want to format partition /dev/sda3 but I'm not sure what the mount point should be. I'm assuming " / " at this point. I'll leave swap alone.

The last time I did this, I went into Vista and formated SDA3/5 which created a problem as grub was therefore rendered useless. I don't want to do that again, I just want to replace GG with HH

Please advise best course of action.

Re: Update/replace GG with HH on 64 bit with CD

Hi yulester,

Start the installation as you have said, with this one difference;
    When you get to the manual partitioning, select your /dev/sda3 partition and edit it.
    While editing it select the file system you want to use, select to format the partition and use "/" as your mount point.
    Thats it and continue with the installation.

If you get any grub problems post it here
    Thanx<br />Ryno<br /><br />Os = Kubuntu 9.10, Kde 4 dual boot with Win Xp<br />Linux user # 471903<br />Kubuntu user # 22225<br /><br />If you can see yourself as God does than you will have no limitations.

Comment

Re: Update/replace GG with HH on 64 bit with CD

No problems - - running smooth

Now I get to remember how to install the conexant drivers from Dell. I know there was a HOWTO on this, but I think it was on the Ubuntu side.

Those worked last time under 7.10 but I now understand it killed my ALSA drivers, and there was a fix for that.

- - Back to the hunt

Comment

Working...
      X