This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ho to get adminstratioin for system setting

have kubuntu 8.04 i have only one user for the pc and want to make it auto login when i open pc. i went to system setting - Advanced - log in manager i cannt edit anything here i cannt get adminstration. how to edit anything here? how to get adminstration for system seting? in kubuntu 7.10 there was a button for admin and then enter the root pass but here i cannt find this button how i do that??

Re: ho to get adminstratioin for system setting

Are you running HH remix with KDE 4? I've noticed that the functions in KDE 4 are seriously lacking when it comes to Administrator functions. The button in question does not exist!
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

someone told me to try kdesudo systemsettings i'll try this. but do you mean HH mixed kde4 which i use is still not stable?? does it crashes with normal or regular user? do u think now i have to stay with kubuntu 7.10 is better?

Comment

Originally posted by AHAROON111
        someone told me to try kdesudo systemsettings i'll try this. but do you mean HH mixed kde4 which i use is still not stable?? does it crashes with normal or regular user? do u think now i have to stay with kubuntu 7.10 is better?
        As far as I can tell, KDE 4 is not stable at this moment. You don't have to go back to 7.10 - just install 8.04 w/ KDE 3.
        Registered Linux User: #281828 | Kubuntu User: #22280

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS
        Dell Precision Workstation T5500 (Xeon @ 2.13GHz x 2 / 12 GB RAM)

Comment

Originally posted by AHAROON111
          someone told me to try kdesudo systemsettings i'll try this.
          That sounds right -- it may be "system-settings" with a hyphen.

but do you mean HH mixed kde4 which i use is still not stable??
          Kubuntu 8.04 is one thing (it is a GNU/Linux OS built with KDE3.5.9), and KDE4 is another thing -- don't get them confused! Kubuntu 8.04 has never shown me the slightest sign of instability, since I installed the Alpha version in February.

KDE4.0.x is not finished, and has the occasional rough edge, such as the lack of a fully functioning "settings" module, as you found. But, I've been running it for 10 weeks or more, and it has never outright crashed. Unless there is some particular hardware or graphics compatibility problem with your setup, I don't know why you couldn't use it. If you like KDE 3.5.9 better, then that's fine too.

does it crashes with normal or regular user?
          No.

do u think now i have to stay with kubuntu 7.10 is better?
          I don't think 7.10 is better than 8.04, by any measure. But the KDE 3.5.9 that comes with HH may be better suited for your use than KDE4. So maybe you should install Kubuntu 8.04, and leave the remix alone.

Comment

Working...
          X