X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade GG->HH

hi

Just wanted to say that I upgraded yesterday from GG to HH and I only had one little problem easily solvable (I'm a long time Kubuntu user and that's the 1st time an upgrade is almost ok). The only pb was that I kept firefox2 (not 3) and that libstdc++5 was missing, I only had to install it by hand (aptitude install) to solve this pb.

The upgrade team did a nice job this time, maybe next time will be perfect. Keep on the good work !!!

best

Re: Upgrade GG->HH

I also ran the 7.10 --> 8.04 upgrade on Sunday, on a system used by a family member. The upgrade installed flawlessly. Similar to the previous 7.04 --> 7.10 upgrade, the main "secret" is to leave it alone for as long as it takes -- in my case, the better part of an hour, on a broadband cable connection.

Yes, congrats to the development team -- they've done a very fine job on 8.04, in my opinion.

Comment

Re: Upgrade GG->HH

Going from GG to HH was my second Kubuntu upgrade. I also went from FF to GG both of which worked fine. The upgrady to Hardy didn't seem to work as well as the upgrade to Gutsy though. After upgrading to Hardy the systems was working fine but I ended up with a few minor issues. The device name change for the cdroms I think they were hdb and hdc before and now they are scd0 and scd1. I also found a few other small issues but a couple of quick changes took care of them.

Comment

Working...
      X