This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the final really out for Hardy?

I installed the beta over a month ago and have been downloading my daily updates. For the past two days I've not seen an update and apt-get yields nothing. However, when I reboot I still see "(Developmental Release) still written in Grub. Is that normal or we're still in beta stage? To my knowledge, the final has been out on the 24th.
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user no. 419401 currently running Kubuntu 24.04

Re: Is the final really out for Hardy?

Yes, I believe we are running the final. I too, have been using the RC and applied all the updates as they were reported by adept notifier. I think, that until a kernel upgrade comes along, the grub menu.lst entries aren't going to change.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks, snowhog. Thought it was something else gone wrong.
      Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user no. 419401 currently running Kubuntu 24.04

Comment

Can I take this conversation to mean that when the final 8.04 is out that it will automatically be upgraded to it through adept?

I switched over to Kubuntu from Ubunutu around the 24th April, but I seem to have forgotten which version I ended up getting to work. Long story short I had a nightmare of a time with corrupt files and partition madness so in the end I can't remember which version worked! Although even though it is working I am getting a hell of a lot of crashes and slow running programs.

While I am here, can I ask where to go in the system to find out what verison of Kubuntu and KDE I have running?

Comment

Originally posted by aussieskin
          While I am here, can I ask where to go in the system to find out what verison of Kubuntu and KDE I have running?
          Open a console and type:
          Code:
          uname -a
          If you are running a HH kernel, you will get back:
          Linux laptop 2.6.24-16-generic #1 SMP Thu Apr 10 13:23:42 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
          Yours will be slightly different - laptop is my host name. The 2.6.24-* is what you are looking for. 2.6.24 denotes the HH kernel.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X