This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovin' KDE4 Remix 64Bit

I don't know about any of you all, but so far I'm thrilled with KDE4 Remix. Received my new system today. Wiped out Vista (didn't even boot into it - wiped it immediately ). It's going to be slow rebuilding my system from the old, but so far just playing around has been great!!

Re: Lovin' KDE4 Remix 64Bit

What's different between it and the 32Bit KDE4 Remix?

Now that I produce the radio show in Vista I can be even more daring in my linux playing! Flash is pretty important to me though...

Kev

Comment

None that I know of other than being 64bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo5HH
        What's different between it and the 32Bit KDE4 Remix?
        Now that I produce the radio show in Vista I can be even more daring in my linux playing! Flash is pretty important to me though...
        Kev
        I know that there are still legacy computers which has no 64bit instructions support. But will those computers be fast enough to run KDE4? I doubt it.

Flash works under 64bit without any problem, just sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree.

In fact, 64bit-cpu is designed to serve both 32-bit and 64-bit apps. So do the OS. both 64bit and 32bit applications works under 64bit OS. while only 32-bit applications can work under 32bit OS. Is that clear enough?

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
          None that I know of other than being 64bit.
          Ah, your first post made me think there must be something new happening with it. I suspect things like Compiz will be a bit zippier.

I've got a few days off I think I'll install it just to check things out. I'm sure dibl will enjoy helping me get Flash working if it doesn't want to play nice. Of course It's probably time to update the Laptop too... lol

Kev

Comment

Sorry. So far so good here. I'm lovin' KDE4. My old system I gave to my daughter and put the 32bit version of KDE4. Runs great there! It's actually the one listed in my sig bellow labeled as Desktop.

Comment

A bit more reading:
              http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story...17-26-OP-DT-KE

Enjoy
              HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
              4 GB Ram
              Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by Fintan
                If you really loved us you would have typed that all out here.

hehehe!

thanks Fintan

Kev

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo5HH
                  Originally posted by Fintan
                  If you really loved us you would have typed that all out here.

hehehe!

thanks Fintan

Kev

Yep. I was going to respond with the fact the author of that article said he had noting to say the week before and that this article made up for that! Either way, good article.

Comment

Great reading. Seems my XP partition my find some use other than games once i get KDE 4 on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X