This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.04 is rockslide unstable!

After upgrading from 7.10 to 8.04 my computer keeps locking up after 10 sec to 2 minuters after boot.
    The computer is a Acer Travelmate 630.

Is it possible to downgrade to 7.10 again?

Re: 8.04 is rockslide unstable!

Easy--just reinstall 7.10 using your installer CD. Hope you have a separate /home partition, right?
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

That's not a downgrade, it's a reinstall. Not what I was looking for, but that's what I had to do.
      From what I can read on this forum, more people have problems with 8.04.
      Don't they test before releasing?
      I'm loosing confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by tronds
        That's not a downgrade, it's a reinstall. Not what I was looking for, but that's what I had to do.
        From what I can read on this forum, more people have problems with 8.04.
        Don't they test before releasing?
        I'm loosing confidence.
        I've had some computers with 7.04 and 7.10 now, and 7.10 is far inferior, yesterday I tried 8.04 and found it is far better than 7.10

As far as I know the 8.04 and 7.04 are the best two versions of Kubuntu, those 6.06, 6.10 and 7.10 all sucks.

So I think it's quite strange that you think 8.04 is not as good as your 7.10.

The problem of kubuntu lies always in the "upgrade" feature, yes its poor. So, always do reinstall instead of upgrade. That will give you the right idea what 8.04 is.

Comment

I agree... 8.04 and the fresh new 8.10 both freeze up my TM630 too post installation.
          Unless there is a way to disable resource hungry stuff, I'l use 7.10 for now because I think its great.
          However, Ive yet to load 8.10 on my desktop so when I do that sometime tomorrow I can have a decent gander at it.

Comment

Working...
          X