X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.04 Kernel

I just upgraded from 7.10 to 8.04 RC.
    I thought part of the upgrade was the 2.6.24-16 Kernel, but when I ran the command, uname -a
    it reports it is running the 2.6.22-14 Kernel.

Can anyone explain this and how I can get it to load the 2.6.24-16 kernel.

Thank you very much.

Edit in: Solved. Thought about for a moment and then went and edited the /boot/menu.1st file and that did the trick. The 2.6.24-16 Kernel is now running.

So far, so good, but to tell the truth, other than a new version of a program here and there I can't see a bit of difference between 7.10 and 8.04... so far. Maybe it will become more apparent as I use it more. So far it has totally trashed my VMware setup and one or two other programs refuse to work, but, for the most part it is working.

Re: 8.04 Kernel

So far it has totally trashed my VMware setup and one or two other programs refuse to work, but, for the most part it is working.
    That is because you will have to reconfigure vmware for your new kernel.
    To do that you will need the any-any-116-patch.

Have a look here:
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3090895.0

I would suggest continuing using the -14 kernel though (you will still have to any-any.).

I and others have had some issues with networking and sound with the -16 kernel.
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Re: 8.04 Kernel

Thanks for the information.
      I've found WINE will not run with the 2.6.24-16 kernel, but will run with the 2.6.22-14 kernel.
      However, after "upgrading" to 8.04, Sane/Xsane will not run with the .22-14 kernel, but does run with the .24.16 kernel.
      As I need to scan more than I need WINE, I'll stick with the newer kernel.

Comment

Working...
      X