This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wubi install fails during Kubuntu startup first time

I created a FAT32 logical drive to hold the Kubuntu install. The Wubi install process appeared to go smoothly. When I selected Kubuntu from the OS Boot menu, Kubuntu started up. Then I see a partition verfification dialog box. About 35% thru, an error states that an error has occurred and that I need to use chkdsk /f to correct the problem.

I did that, but no change. I still get the same error during startup.
    My question is: should the logical partition be formated as NTFS or FAT32? Is this the source of the error?
    I am installing the latest kubuntu-kde4-8.04-beta-desktop-i386.iso.
    Thanks for helping me.

Re: Wubi install fails during Kubuntu startup first time

FAT32?? For a Linux install? Why did you not select ext3? If you desire to share data between Linux and a Windoze OS, then a separate data partition formated as FAT32 would be okay.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Wubi install fails during Kubuntu startup first time

snowhog, don't forget that wubi is for installing kubuntu inside of a windoze install. no need to partition.

zetacon4, remove wubi thru windows and reinstall if that still doesn't work, you may have to try the wubi site. unless someone here is familiar with it. you may want to also put this on "help the new guy" board

smeghead67

Comment

Working...
      X