This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing KDE4 dependencies issues

When trying to install KDE4 I found that it requires kde4graphics 4.0.0 but that doesn't get marked.. and when you try to install it it requires okular and so on and so on... seems to be a dependency mismarking in the KDE4 packages.

Anyone else see this? Gotta fix?

Kev

Re: Installing KDE4 dependencies issues

Ok I can install KDE4 Core but I can't install Okular (spelling is probably wrong but you guys know what I'm talking about) or the graphics module.

Kev

Comment

I've got KDE4 up and running. Both my KDE3 and KDE4 apps are working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kev

Comment

Nice job, Kev!

I suppose my KDE3 apps are still there, but I've kinda decided to "take the oath" and just learn to use the KDE4 stuff. Since 4.01 came out, it mostly seems to work fine. I see an occasional "idosyncracy" -- like the terminal opens to about 800x600 and takes up a third of my 1600x1200 desktop -- stuff like that. For some reason gkrellm won't stay where I put it -- after a restart it's on the left side, and I have to put it back to the right side. Minor stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
          For some reason gkrellm won't stay where I put it -- after a restart it's on the left side, and I have to put it back to the right side. Minor stuff.
          Even with the General | Options | Remember screen location at exit and move to it at next startup checked?
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog

Even with the General | Options | Remember screen location at exit and move to it at next startup checked?
            Huh.

You would have thought I'd seen that. It's checked now -- we'll see what happens. Thanks, Snowhog!

Comment

Working...
            X