This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread for those taking the plunge.

Just about everything is working for me with gutsy (everything except the longstanding compiz/beryl vs. Yakuake issue), so I think it's time to totally FUBAR my system again with a jump to the bleeding edge.

I'm not sure why I'm doing this, other than I have better than average luck finding/fixing problems and don't mind filing bug reports. Then again, why do any of us do it? It's all in the name of progress!

AMD64X2 4400+, NVidia 7600GT, multiple sound cards.... etc etc.

Wish me luck!
    Specs:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Re: Thread for those taking the plunge.

Good Luck!!

Comment

I'm coming too, just straddling the fence a little
      Asus G1S-X3:
      Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Great to see you guys coming along for the ride! (assuming Dibl is coming too <G>)

I only had one problem with the update, so far, slocate gave me all sorts of errors. I purged and re-installed the package and see no issues so far. I checked, and the slocate problem already has a bug-report against it... so I'm feeling pretty good about Hardy so far.
        Specs:&nbsp; Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

No problems so far... I held my breath during the reboot, but it came up fast and does not appear to have any new problems.
          Specs:&nbsp; Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

Originally posted by 3vi1

(assuming Dibl is coming too <G>)
            I think I'll get my enjoyment vicariously for awhile, by admiring the progress of the true early adopters!

I'll be rooting for you, though -- you and the Bucks, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
              I think I'll get my enjoyment vicariously for awhile, by admiring the progress of the true early adopters!
              Go team! Ra, ra, hoot, hoot!

Yup, gotta say I'll be in the grandstand along with dibl, enjoying the show (and taking notes!).
              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I've taken the plunge as well

Comment

I did the upgrade thing. everything went smooth as far as i can tell. i have the same slocate problem and i noticed that kuickshow gives me a scrambled screen. as far as i can tell, everything else works. much better than my first edgy to feisty upgrade. so much for " if it ain't broke...."

Comment

Multi-booting and GParted are your friends. And hard drive capacity.
                    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Kcontrol is still empty and kdesudo still doesn't work properly. Changes are not taken over.

Otherwise HH seems to be running along just fine for now
                      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
                      4 GB Ram
                      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

running pretty smoothly except:
                        Monitor&Display in System Settings not working yet
                        Kcontrol empty (sort of); kcmshell --list echoes nothing; yet calling kcmshell privacy, for instance, works
                        unable to install nvidia restricted drivers (showstopping at the moment - nv would make x jump over 60%)

Comment

And you can count me in! It's so boring when everything just works, I need to be on 'the bleeding edge' as its such a challenge I think!

TG

Comment

Originally posted by Fintan
                            Kcontrol is still empty and kdesudo still doesn't work properly. Changes are not taken over.
                            Originally posted by musta ruhtinas
                            running pretty smoothly except:
                            Monitor&Display in System Settings not working yet
                            Kcontrol empty (sort of); kcmshell --list echoes nothing; yet calling kcmshell privacy, for instance, works
                            Have you installed fresh or upgraded, I seem to have no such problems on two of my upgraded-from-gutsy machines?

Comment

Have you installed fresh or upgraded, I seem to have no such problems on two of my upgraded-from-gutsy machines?
                              That could make a difference. my HH is a fresh install.
                              HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
                              4 GB Ram
                              Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
                              X