This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cd- rom doesnt read when i burn on k3b

An error occurred while enabling /media/cdrom/001.

The system reported: mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only

mount: you must specify the filesystem type

i get this above when i go into my disk and file systems and try to enable my tsstcorp CDW/DVD
    TS-L462A

it also gives this in the details of the window that pops up

Return code from mount was 32.
    "mount failure"

As a matter of a fact anything that has to do with the single dvd rom i have does not work, it does not read dvd's when i use vlc media player, or k3b or anything

Re: Cd- rom doesnt read when i burn on k3b

I am not sure what you mean by "go into my disk and filesystems" but cds use iso9660 filesystems and mount is telling you that it can not guess that so you have to tell it that. One way to do that is in /etc/fstab. The intrepid installation created this line

/dev/scd0 /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0 0

which is pretty standard. Are you trying to add a second cdrom? If so you should add a line like this to /etc/fstab that points first to the device, like /dev/hdc or /dev/sdd and then the mount point, which it appears to be trying to use /media/cdrom/001.

Hope this helps.

Comment

so i try what you told me man and it doesnt work im getting closer but its still saying some of the same stuff, the problem im having is the mount point, i still farely new at this and i dont understand the mount point, and why im hanging up on this little thing

Comment

Does the mount point exist? It looks like the kind of mount point that might be generated by hotplug and created just to mount that device. I suggest you make a directory /media/cdrom1 and mount it there

"sudo mkdir /media/cdrom1"

should do the trick.

Comment

An error occurred while enabling /media/cdrom/001.
          The system reported: mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
          mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
          missing codepage or helper program, or other error
          (could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
          ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)
          In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
          dmesg | tail or so

this is what it said, i already a media/cdrom directory, as a matter of a fact i couple different ones, one will say media/cdrom1 or media/cdrom3, there is a few like this ive got the and im still getting this when i also go to enable the cd rom

an error occurred while enabling /media/cdrom.
          mount: you must specify the filesystem type i have the directory like i said i dont know whats going wrong

Comment

What exactly is the line you put in /etc/fstab?

What is the output of
            "ls -l /media"

Comment

Working...
            X