This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display is flashing

Hi! I'm quite new, I've been using Kubuntu for some months now, but I have no expertise. I recently rebooted my system and I began to experience this problem, I don't know how to describe it. It seems the display of my KDE4 is flashing: the image disappears for a small fraction of a second, very very bothering. I'm quite sure it is up to some upgrade, but I don't know which one (/var/log/dpkg.log is not of help). I suspect it's something related to the video card (ATI Radeon 7000), as xorg.conf seems ok (already reconfigured completely). Any idea how to figure out the problem? Is it possible to check when package xserver-xorg-video-radeon has been installed? Is it possible to try a previous version?
    Any help would be really appreciated!
    Thanks!

Re: Display is flashing

I had the same video card and I had to remove it because I couldn't edit OOo 3 documents because "the paper" I was writing down went black suddenly while scrolling up or down.

Another thing I noticed was that I could use higher screen resolutions on Windows XP than on Kubuntu... just because the higher s. r. weren't available on Kubuntu for some weird reason...
    Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
    Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
    Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
    Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Re: Display is flashing

Weird... it seems that the login screen is not affected at all by this issue... I mean there is no flashing if I stay in the login window. Any idea why?

Comment

Working...
      X