This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creating temporary trackpad dely?

I have the little Acer Aspire One pretty well set with Kubuntu 8.04, but there's one mor thing I'd like to do (well, two -- sound still doesn't work): on a Ubuntu AA1 installation guide there's mention of a Gnome setting which will render the skidpad pointing monstrosity numb for a set period of time following keyboard input. This is useful in that the smearpad is right next to the space bar, so one can be typing merrily along only to discover that dring the course of it the cursor has jumped due to inadvertent slap pad strike. My question: is there some setting, either in Xorg.conf or within KDE itself, where this can be set?

TIA.

Re: creating temporary trackpad dely?

okay, more specifically, i need to add this to some startup file; all i know for sure is that it doesn't seem to work in .xinitrc; what i don't know is if, say, /etc/rc.local is the place to put it. the line is this:

syndaemon -d -t -i 1

ideas?

Comment

assuming you can enter that line in the konsole, and it works, create a script file, and put it in ~/.kde/autostart

To do this, create a text file with the following and put it in the above directory:

#!/bin/bash
      syndaemon -d -t -i 1

save the file, and make it executable (right click on file|properties). Then, everytime you log in, this script will run.

mm0

P.S. There may be better ways to do this, but this is what I do when I need something to run on login. Keep in mind though, this is user specific, so if you have multiple users, you will need to do this for all user accounts.
      Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

right, thanks. just wondering if there's a way to invoke this earlier in the boot process.

Comment

Working...
        X