X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Epson Stylus Photo R300 Problem

Up until mid October I was successfully able to print running Kubuntu 8.04

Print jobs submitted sit in the queue indefinitely, I see this under /var/spool/cron

Looking in /var/log/messages I see:

59232.700000] audit(1191341555.916:117): type=1503 operation="inode_permission" requested_mask="rw" denied_mask="rw" name="/dev/tty" pid=2819 profile="/usr/sbin/cupsd"

I have tried reinstalling CUPS but to no avail, a Google search mentions Bug 235670

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ev/+bug/235670

I have tried all their suggestions, reinstalling/disabling AppArmor and patching to the latest version.

uname -a says - '2.6.24-21-generic #1 SMP Tue Oct 21 23:09:30 UTC 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux'

The odd thing, my laptop runs the same OS version albeit 32bit and it works just fine.

Suggestions welcome, apologies if the forum has posted the fix already and I've missed it.

Thank you in advance!

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 Problem

Have you tried uninstalling appArmor? Can this be done wihtout uninstalling most of the rest of the software? (I never tried)

Is the user(s) in the lpadmin group? This can be done from the System Settings window. In the command line it should look like this:

Code:
    ~> cat /etc/group |grep lp
    lp:x:7:cupsys
    lpadmin:x:104:user1,user2,user3
    Hope this helps!

Comment

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 Problem

Printer now works! I found that for some reason after running the above ideas the printer was switched off -in system settings/printer. It was on before this!

Comment

Working...
      X