This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wine and Network Attached Printers

I have two Windows programs I need to run under Wine. The programs run fine except they won't print to wired Ethernet based printers. The printing panel comes up and looks normal to select the printer and then the whole app bombs. Print drivers should not be a problem as both are HP printers and are full Postscript compatible. They work fine with Linux based apps.

It seems that Wine can't route printer output via an Ethernet connection to a LAN based printer. Has anyone had similar problems or know of a simple solution.

Thanks

Re: Wine and Network Attached Printers

I can only suggest a workaround. Can you use print to output something like postscript or pdf? (You could try installing a Windows PDF writer like pdfcreator) If so, then you should be able to open the resultant file in a native Linux viewer like kpdf, and print that way. A bit of a pain but it should work.

Also, obvious troubleshooting steps - can you print to a LOCAL printer?
    I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

Working...
    X