This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biostar GF8200 M2+ - Sound Issues

My question concerns whether I need any other drivers to have Kubuntu running properly. I installed it fine, was able to get ndiswrapper working with my RealTek 8185, I even used EnvyNG to install my onboard nVidia 8200 (since the hardware wizard in Kubuntu failed to correctly setup this, blank screen on reboot basically). I had an issue with the onboard Realtek ALC662 being abit fuzzy at times. When I boot the sound is fuzzy sometimes, then it seems to randomly be fuzzy at times. Sometimes I notice slowdown of Kubuntu and it seems the playback fuzzyiness relates to this, ie. slow or non-responsive = more fuzzyiness. I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ Brisbane 2.8GHz 1000MHz Socket AM2 Dual-Core 65nm Processor, Model: ADO5400DSWOF, Black Edition, Retail box and think maybe this mobo needs something, maybe a driver I don't have?

Of course that's probably wrong but eh, so anyway I did install the RealTek drivers off their homepage and the system seems the same, no real difference. Any ideas? I tried messing with the sound volumes but it really still seems to happen.

Weird thing is it isn't right now, but it does occur at boot and other times so eh. Your thoughts?

Here's link to mobo's specs http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/...t.php?S_ID=346
Working...
X