Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to prevent from sleep while playing music?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to prevent from sleep while playing music?

Hi. Have a such problem. If I leave my laptop to download smth or simply playback some mediastream than after 15 minutes it goes to suspend. How can I explain to my Kubunty that downloading or playing music is not idle?

Re: How to prevent from sleep while playing music?

As far as I know, you can't. Even if the hard drive is active, the power setting for the display will kick in after the time out you've set. Change it from suspend to blank. It should remain awake for the whole download.
    In hindsight, everything can be funny<br />--Anonymous

Comment

Thanx for response, but these powersave options aren't connected with display settings.
      I use power manager and it has settings for action while system idle for n minutes.
      So in my case powersave system thinks comp is in idle state while playing music or performimg disk operations.
      I thinking about writing a script for cron to periodically check some conditions (if network activity quite large or sound system is active) and send a signal to system that no idle state. smth like this i think.

Comment

KDE 4.1.2

K Menu > System Settings > Display > Power Control

If Enable display power management is checked, then you can modify the Standby, Suspend, and Power off settings.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X