This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No access to USB devices

This morning none of my USB devices were working - I have a printer, scanner, external HD and webcam. Have checked lsusb, and this is what I get:

Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

Any ideas about what I can do to get them back?

Re: No access to USB devices

Not really without some more info

Did you do any upgrades?

Also, have you tried the live CD and stuck in the external HD? If that doesn't work, you may have to consider faulty hardware...
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Probably not a faulty hardware problem. There is a similar report at:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3098368.0

Comment

Are you using a USB Hub, or are these devices connected to on-board USB ports?
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks everyone. I used a live CD, but still couldn't get access, so I was putting it down to a hardware problem.. I was not getting access to either on board USB ports or to a hub.

Then, I booted up on the following day, and all was well, and has continued to be so since! So no problem now, but absolutely weird that on Sunday on none of the many occasions on which I booted up (once with a live CD) was I getting any access.

But many thanks for your help - very much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
          X