This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Meter - not detecting laptop battery

Hello, everyone I'm new to forum. I've installed Kubuntu 8.04 on my NEC i-Select Notebook M5210 most of the hardware has been detected just fine and I've had a bawl messing around with all of the features of Kubuntu it's really great

But...

Unfortunately the battery has not been detected which was unfortunate as I only realised this when laptop ran out of power when I was partway through my university assignment. A tad upsetting but no-one's fault but my own for not noticing sooner.

As far as I'm aware all the information I can seem to get about my battery on my laptop is it is a Lithium Ion

So, what I'm really asking for is advice on what to do to resolve the problem and also hopefully someone can provide me with some feedback on the battery make/model used on my lappy!

Hopefully, I'm not asking too much of anyone, and sorry if it comes across as if I am. I'd just like to resolve the problem as soon as possible.

Much thanks, Kubuntu Community!

Re: Battery Meter - not detecting laptop battery

Not sure why that happens, but I recommend kthinkbat (sudo apt-get install kthinkbat) over the "normal" one - you get much better and more detailed info. And it may even recognise your battery
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
    X