This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epson Stylus Photo R300 Problem

In the middle of printing multiple copies got error message! no subject and printer would not stop so pressed stop button. Now computer - with Kubuntu 8.04/openoffice won't print and says printer may not be connected - it is. Printer still prints from a memory card. What can I do to correct this?

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R300 Problem

You can look at http://localhost:631/printers/ (the CUPS interface) and see if any problems are found there...

Also, http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl1_escputil.htm is a great utility for Epson printers... perhaps some help can be found with it...

Code:
    sudo escputil -s -r /dev/usb/lp0
    is a good place to start.

Comment

Sorry first ref no help as could'nt print test etc. As a simple retired Scientist used to using windows etc I baulked at using you second idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave B
        ...I baulked at using you second idea.
        Fair enough. Other than the obvious reboot, power cycle the printer, etc., then I guess I am out of ideas...

But if it is anything like my RX600, if one of the ink cartridges is empty it will just display an error... can you at least connect it to a windows machine and see if that is the issue?

Oh yeah, if you are in kde3 and use the Printers system tool, under printer menu there are tools which run the escputil through the gui, maybe that will help.

Dang it, nevermind... I forgot you could still print from a memory card...

Comment

Still desperate for a solution printing jobs piling up. Replaced all ink cartridges. rebooted. Computer still thinks its not connected. Can I reconnect it somehow. Don't have a windows computer - it died (IBM Thinkpad) Main computer is Shuttle Glamor SN68PT65(AMD)j

Comment

Is this a USB printer? Try connecting to a different USB port, if you have one. Do that while the computer is running.

Comment

Tried that, didn't work!!

Comment

Go to that CUPS interface again and copy/paste some info like mine (below)... so we can see what driver you are using and the current state if any.

Description: EPSON Stylus Photo RX600
                Printer Driver: Epson Stylus Photo RX600 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.0.2
                Printer State: idle, accepting jobs, published.
                Device URI: usb://EPSON/Stylus%20Photo%20RX600

Comment

Working...
                X