This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't print after playing with compiz!

I tried Compiz and other wonderful goodies like the Cairo-dock, new vista theme and superkaramba utilities for my desktop and they all work like a charm! However it seems that i can no longer print with my HP F2180 printer. I uninstalled hp toolbox nad reinstalled it using this link http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web...all/index.html. At the final step of the installation the test page did not print. I run from a konsole the hp-toolbox command and i got the message:
    Code:
    error: Unable to connect to dbus session bus. Exiting.
    Killed
    Any idea?

Re: Can't print after playing with compiz!

I read somewhere that dbus-x11 must be installed for this kind of problem. I did and the error dissapeared, however i get a message that the print job started and after about 2 seconds i get that the job has finished. Obviously nothing has printed at all...

Comment

Re: Can't print after playing with compiz!

Honestly, i'm in the verge of reformating the whole damn thing. I simply can't print. I uninstalled hplip and cups and reinstalled them, plugged in the printer, followed the procedure for the installation and i still cannot print. Once it printed 2 of the 4 pages of a document and halted. If anyone has any idea please post. Can i do anything for recovering previous cups settings, or a way to fully uninstall hplip and cups and reinstall them?

Comment

Working...
      X