This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pleasant Printer Experience, HP

I just got a printer, a HP C4200 All-in One. I was prepared to go through the usual setup procedure to get a new printer working. So I plugged the printer in, connected the USB cable, and immediately I got an on screen message that my printer had been detected and installed. Unbelievable. Test page printed perfectly. I already had hplip installed on the computer. So, I think, it can't be this easy, so I opened Kooka to see if the scanner worked. It immediately detected the scanner. No setup of anything was required. So I went over to the other computer on the network to see if I could get it working over there, and guess what? It was already installed there too! Automatically detected and installed. I love HP.

Re: Pleasant Printer Experience, HP

Hi Detonate!
    I like the good news! I am looking for a printer, maybe not a scanner but this post moved HP printers to the top of my list.

Cool not everyone is posting problems here all the time :-)

Comment

Similar to your experience, HP c4100 is working perfectly with Hardy Heron.
      Welcome newbies!
      Verify the ISO
      Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

My HP4200 all-in-one is also working perfectly now, although I had to search the web for the latest version of HPlip (the version available via Adept is obsolete). I'm very pleased with my printer.

Sony Vaio VGN NR260E<br />Linux Kubuntu 9.04\Windoze 7 Professional<br /><br />Sony Vaio VPCF1190X<br />Linux Kubuntu 10.04/Windoze 7 Home Premium<br /><br />Linux user #478627

Comment

The all in ones and other mid to high HP printers usually work well with the hplip package. The low end single purpose printers usually have more problems with setup and retention of configurations. All in all, HP does pay a lot of attention to Linux for printing.
          The next brick house on the left
          Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

My HP 7310 all in one works great.
            txWingMan

Comment

+1 for HP here
              my 1320n laserjet works great, all options are available (duplex printing etc.)

Comment

I'm happy to report my PSC 1210 works, too!!

Comment

Working...
                X