This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem here - just raves!

I continue to be dazzled by Hardy's handling of hardware. Whereas with Gutzy, getting my Brother printer to work (sometimes) was painful, and involved amusing email correspondence with some earnest Japanese techs (whose English so far surpassed by Japanese that I'm thoroughly shamed!), with Hardy, it was just plug and play. Wow. I was beyond pleased.

And now I try my Wacom Tablet. Some time ago I saw something about Wacom drivers in Adept, and installed it, but went no further. I fully expected a hassle, which is one reason I have waited a number of months to try it out. I plugged it into a USB port, and immediately started Googling for info. for the fix I was sure I would need to make. Then the light went on on the tablet. Moving to Gimp (and not expecting much)...I found that it just worked. Perfectly. Same thing in Inkscape. Damn. This is really fine. Dazzling, in fact.

To me this is a major indication of how far things have come with Ubuntu/Kubuntu, and it's just plain good new. I'm grateful, and don't know exactly who to thank. Terrific piece of work, I have to say.

If someone know who to forward this to, and cares to do it, please do.

Now, will someone explain to me why my Googling found a number of items out there about all the hoops other people had to jump through to get Wacom to work on Hardy? What's the story with THEM?

Re: No problem here - just raves!

I imagine it is a combination of different hardware in different tablets, as well as lots of older, and thus outdated, info being displayed in search results.

Today's xorg.conf usually needs little to no modifications anymore

Comment

Working...
    X