Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Touchpad lock button causes keyboard app to crash?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touchpad lock button causes keyboard app to crash?

Hi there,
    I was wondering if anybody could help me out with this problem I have been having. I have an HP Pavilion dv9000 running Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron, with KDE 3.5.9 and I have been getting a lot of things to work just fine. However I have noticed that when I want to use the touchpad keylock (the button to lock the touchpad when typing so it doesn't move the mouse), one of the programs running in the background that works with the shortcut keys crashes and then I can't use my volume control keys on my laptop nor any other button. Usually it doesn't happen when I turn it on, but when I turn the lock off (making the mouse work again) it crashes. The program is called kded. Any help?

Thanks!

Re: Touchpad lock button causes keyboard app to crash?

Have you asked HP?
    Have a look in their Q-n-A Section.
    They do actively 'support' Linux.

At worst, if you using your laptop at home (you use one while travelling)....why not OPT for a 'laptop compatiable mouse'...you know, one of the small ones for just that purpose?

And, DISABLE the 'Touch-Pad'.......if you do get one.
    (This should definitely cure the 'crash' problem you're having.)

Comment

Re: Touchpad lock button causes keyboard app to crash?

No I haven't asked HP yet, but I will go ahead and do that. Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know they had support who worked with Linux.

Comment

Working...
      X