X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP OfficeJet 5615 All-in-One

hi everyone,
    I've got a printer : HP OfficeJet 5615 All-in-One .
    When I connected it, Kubuntu 8.04 recognized the printer like a HP OfficeJet 5600.
    After, I would test it ( I sent a Kate sheet's document ), happened nothing and then 2 hours, printer has made the project!!!
    The same thing happened with the other programs ( OpenOffice, KPDF ... ).

I've installed HPLIP and I use CUPS.
    What can I do?
    Thanks for every answer and I'm sorry for bad english.

Re: HP OfficeJet 5615 All-in-One

Did you open up the HPLIP GUI? There may be some settings that you can make that will help the printer run better. According to openprinting.org, the HP5600/5610 family should work well under Linux.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

When my Epson is out of ink, there will be a small "problem" light that comes on, but no other indication that it won't print... are you sure everything is ready with respect to ink, paper, etc.?

If you have KDE 3.5.x installed you can run (or just go to K Control Center if you are in 3.5.x):
      Code:
      kcmshell printers
      This is mostly a front-end to CUPS, but it also accesses some printer utilities for you... select your printer and go to the Printer drop-down menu, from there, go to Printer tools, and see if anything from there works...

I am not sure if those utilities are the exact same ones that would be found in HPLIP or not...

Also, you could install kooka and see if the scanner portion works... that might help narrow down where the problem is...

Comment

Thank you for the answers.
        When my Epson is out of ink, there will be a small "problem" light that comes on, but no other indication that it won't print... are you sure everything is ready with respect to ink, paper, etc.?

If you have KDE 3.5.x installed you can run (or just go to K Control Center if you are in 3.5.x):
        Printer has no problems, because in the other my computer works very well.
        I've already tried use K Control but without success.

Also, you could install kooka and see if the scanner portion works... that might help narrow down where the problem is...
        In fact, kooka doen't work! Do you think that it is the problem?

Did you open up the HPLIP GUI? There may be some settings that you can make that will help the printer run better. According to openprinting.org, the HP5600/5610 family should work well under Linux.
        HPLIP GUI doesn't work and I don't know the causes.
        I can't find your suggested drivers, but now I'll search them better.

Thank you!
        If you have other ideas, go ahead!

I realize the printer use less time than before, but in KJobViewer stay in queue "in Elaboration" in spite of the printer has already printed.

Comment

Type http://localhost:631/ into a web browser (or just use that link) to get to the CUPS interface directly... there might be some answers in there... otherwise, I don't know... you could find out which driver it is using from there...

With the scanner portion not working as well as the printer, it would seem to probably be driver related and not any problem with the hardware, unless the USB connection is faulty... let us know which driver is being used from the CUPS interface.

Comment

I joined http://localhost:631/ but it brings back me an error.
            How can I give you CUPS' information?
            Thank you.

What do you mean with "USB faulty"?

Printer functions, but the problem is speed.

Comment

Originally posted by keyro90
              I joined http://localhost:631/ but it brings back me an error.
              How can I give you CUPS' information?
              Thank you.

What do you mean with "USB faulty"?

Printer functions, but the problem is speed.
              I am sorry. I misunderstood. I thought the printer did not print at all.

If that localhost link doesn't work, then perhaps you need the localhost IP address...
              http://127.0.0.1:631/

Comment

Both addresses bring me back loading error.

Do you think that could be USB connection?

I am sorry. I misunderstood. I thought the printer did not print at all.
                Probably it is my bad English! ...

Comment

If you do have a USB problem, that should not stop you from getting into CUPS. Does CUPS give an exact error message? I may be that the CUPS package is installed incorrectly/badly/incompletely.

Another thought might be to disconnect the printer and then try to go into CUPS.

The fact that HPLIP is also not working is a problem. Does it give an error message when you try to start it?
                  The next brick house on the left
                  Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490
                    If you do have a USB problem, that should not stop you from getting into CUPS. Does CUPS give an exact error message? I may be that the CUPS package is installed incorrectly/badly/incompletely.

Another thought might be to disconnect the printer and then try to go into CUPS.

The fact that HPLIP is also not working is a problem. Does it give an error message when you try to start it?
                    How can I open HPLIP? What is launch program?
                    Command with hp* :

hp-align hpijs hplj1018 hp-probe hp-timedate
                    hp-check hp-info hplj1020 hp-scan hp-toolbox
                    hp-clean hpinklevel hp-makecopies hp-sendfax hp-unload
                    hp-colorcal hp-levels hp-makeuri hp-setup
                    hp-fab hplj1000 hpojip-test hpssd
                    hp-firmware hplj1005 hp-print hp-testpage

Comment

I use a HP PSC 1310...with Kubuntu.
                      The thing with most Printers is......IF they fall within a certain Model Number, the driver usually can be appllied to all Printers within the range of that Model Number.
                      I can use a 1315 driver, for mine, got it. ( the Prefix: 13XX....is the key.)

Have you set HP printer up...as 'default'?
                      If you haven't.......and, it is set ......to 'PDF', of course, you will have a long time to wait for your printer to print.

When I installed Kbuntu, I also had my Printer "ON".
                      That does help, too.
                      If Kubuntu does not know the printer is 'there', it won't recognise it.

Comment

Originally posted by cookie77
                        I use a HP PSC 1310...with Kubuntu.
                        The thing with most Printers is......IF they fall within a certain Model Number, the driver usually can be appllied to all Printers within the range of that Model Number.
                        I can use a 1315 driver, for mine, got it. ( the Prefix: 13XX....is the key.)
                        Yea, in fact Kubuntu advised me "Hp Officejet 5600 found" not "Officejet 5615"

Have you set HP printer up...as 'default'?
                        If you haven't.......and, it is set ......to 'PDF', of course, you will have a long time to wait for your printer to print.
                        Yes, my printer is default ( local and user ), I'm sure when I try to print i've selected it.

That does help, too.
                        Oh my god, I didn't think this, but if it was correct, I should format my computer!

Comment

That does help, too.
                          Ok, I followed this advise. ( Thank you cookie77 ), but I won't give up, I'll send an email to CUPS project.
                          Thank you!!!
                          Bye.

Comment

I have a HP 1310 also, which works very well with Kubuntu 8.10, it also worked with 7.10 and previous versions.
                            With 7.10 and earlier, printer installation was connect printer, turn on, select brand, select model, check, set up options, and a few more menus then, done.
                            With 8.04, plug in the printer turn on, wait a few seconds. Kubuntu says HP printer detected, psc1310 or whatever, select OK, done. Print a test page - wait a few seconds, perfect test page.

Have you printed on any other printers with your present system?
                            Do you have other printers installed?
                            Have you tried removing the installed HP and re-installing it?
                            I'm sure that it will work. I have printers running on Kubuntu 8.04 that I couldn't get to work on any other system. One of the most impressive features of Hardy Heron is the way it recognizes printers and allows you to print easily.
                            HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

Originally posted by kevinc
                              I have a HP 1310 also, which works very well with Kubuntu 8.10, it also worked with 7.10 and previous versions.
                              With 7.10 and earlier, printer installation was connect printer, turn on, select brand, select model, check, set up options, and a few more menus then, done.
                              With 8.04, plug in the printer turn on, wait a few seconds. Kubuntu says HP printer detected, psc1310 or whatever, select OK, done. Print a test page - wait a few seconds, perfect test page.

Have you printed on any other printers with your present system?
                              Do you have other printers installed?
                              Have you tried removing the installed HP and re-installing it?
                              I'm sure that it will work. I have printers running on Kubuntu 8.04 that I couldn't get to work on any other system. One of the most impressive features of Hardy Heron is the way it recognizes printers and allows you to print easily.
                              Yea, I've tried everything, but I am conviced that The updates harm printers' recognition.
                              If you did recognition before updates, your printer will function.
                              I take another printer too and happened the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X