This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sound after kernal update.

I just did the latest update to the latest linux kernal that kubuntu prompted me to update. Only thing is, upon reboot the sound is X'ed out and it says that KMixer cannot be found. Is there a way i can redo the update? I think i might have X'ed out of Adept by accident while it was doing an install of the download. Any ideas what i can do to get back to the other kernal or perhaps redownload and install again? I would need specific instructions if you are suggesting command-line as i am a Linux newbie. Thanks

Re: No sound after kernal update.

I'm in the same situation. Something happened with adept the firt time around (I walked away the first time -- there were 200 odd updates) so had to run "dpkg --configure -a" and re-run the update. Then no sound.

Comment

Same thing for me too. For additional this happened after I update the kernel to 2.6.24-20-generic. Anybody can help?
      P4 3.06 HT,RAM 512 MB, 80GB HD, Geforce 6200 LE, Kubuntu 8.04

Comment

If you're using anything BUT "Creative"....for your Sound 'requirements', maybe that's your real problem.

I used to use my 'on-board' Realtek Sound...until I installed Kubuntu.

Realtek ran for about 5 minutes, then, quit.

Swapped to Creative 'add-in' card...no problems since.

Comment

Let me clarify the position i am in. If i hit "Esc" during the grub boot process. I can select another previous linux kernal and the sound will come back. My sound left when i did an update to the linux kernal. I believe it was installed improperly. I just want to know how to uninstall that so that upon boot up it uses the other linux kernal instead of the one it updated too. That way i can do another clean update again and hope that it works. My sound is fine under another kernal within the boot menu, but how do i get rid of the latest updated kernal?

Comment

Working...
          X