X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI Driver Issue

Hi All

I wonder if someone can give some advice / help.

I have a laptop a HP DV8387EA which has the ATI MOBILITY RADEON Xpress 200 Series graphics card.
    I have installed the Kubuntu driver using the Hardware Drivers Manager however video playback isn't that great. When putting a DVD or any other video file for that matter on to full screen it is somewhat grainy.

Is there anything I can do to imporve the video quality so that it appears on screen as it should?

I did a search just before putting this post and one thing that did come up was using the ATI Proprietary Linux driver, would that support my card? If so anyone know how I can go about installing the driver?

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Re: ATI Driver Issue

Here, try this site

Ive just downloaded the Driver, but not installed it yet but i'll see how it goes.

Comment

Thanks for that, will give it a go when I get home tomorrow and report back and let you know how it went.

Comment

This is a long standing issue with the fglrx driver (official AMD driver), and is yet to be resolved. Try removing the restricted driver and installing the xserver-xorg-video-ati driver. This has support for your card and may work better for video.

Comment

Working...
        X