This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sound please help?

well being the Linux newb that I am, im slowly but surely discovering new and exciting ways to fix little errors here and there, and I managed to get my video card working.. So now I cant get any sound to work...

my sound chipset is a RealTek ALC268. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Re: No sound please help?

Here is the Ubuntu classic sound troubleshooting guide:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=205449

EXCEPT for Dell Latitude Laptops, D5xx and D6xx, for which you need this one:

http://users.piuha.net/martti/comp/d630/

Comment

well good thing I dont have a hell erm dell huh? haha thanks for the link Now to go try this..

Comment

eh that link didnt help much..

Comment

I had the same problem. This is all I had to do in order to fix my sound:

Go into the Konsole Terminal and type (or copy this and paste): sudo /etc/init.d/alsa-utils reset

Reboot, and hopefully you'll have sound.
          Sony Vaio VGN NR260E<br />Linux Kubuntu 9.04\Windoze 7 Professional<br /><br />Sony Vaio VPCF1190X<br />Linux Kubuntu 10.04/Windoze 7 Home Premium<br /><br />Linux user #478627

Comment

okay so I figured out my sound but.. my laptop has a sub woofer inside too, and my speakers play sound but the sub doesnt.. any suggestions?

Comment

*bump* Still dont have sound coming from my subwoofer.. any help plz!

Comment

I keep repeating myself but in case of these kind of problems it's handy to install alsamixergui.
                My experience is that it shows most available options.

Comment

Alsa isnt listing the channel for my subwoofer though, it only lists the front speakers

Comment

Working...
                  X