X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A-Data PD9 8 Gig thumbdrive

Hi,
    I just purchased an A-Data PD9 8 Gig thumbdrive, but Hardy (64 & 32 bit) doesn't recognize it! Is there any info out there on how to go about this?
    Do I need to format it? A-Data claims it is driverless under Linux kernel 2.4 and up, I'm 2.6 so that should be good. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

beowulf62

Re: A-Data PD9 8 Gig thumbdrive

Are you plugging it into a USB 2.0 port? The device specs say it's a USB 2.0 device and has a voltage requirement of DC 4.5V ~ 5.5V from USB port. If you are plugging it into a USB 1.1 port, it won't have enough power.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Snowhog,
      It's definitely a Usb 2.0 port, I'm sure of that. I also know it recognizes the device on a Windows OS (took it to work to try it!), so I'm still plugging away at it, pardon the pun! Thanks for the reply, though!

beowulf62

Comment

>> Does GParted Live CD see it? (Check the drop-down list near the top right of the GParted screen.)
        If it is empty, you can format it there.

and/or

>> Do you see it under Disk & Filesystems?
        K-Menu > System Settings > Advanced (tab at top) > Administrator Mode
        (where you can edit it?)
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
        X