This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard Shortcut Keys

Okay on my laptop I have 4 buttons, one with an "e" (Acer laptop, in windows it would start Acer Empowering Technology), one with an envelop (in windows it started outlook express, or uTorrent after I configured it), and a globe (in windows started browser) and a "p" (in windows started the program to assign these buttons.)

The Envelop opens "Evolution Mail" in Gnome and Kmail in KDE.

Before the globe opened Firefox, but I removed Firefox 3 Beta 5 and put back on Firefox 2. Now it says "Couldn't execute the command Firefox/verify that this is a valid command"

I know to open Firefox 2 the command is "firefox2" so how can I make that button do that command instead? And since I dont use any email clients (I use webmail) I wanna make the envelop button do something else too. And the E and P.
    My Local Repository<br />Forums I am active on<br />Please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Keyboard Shortcut Keys

I successfully assigned most of the special keys in my keyboard to launch any program of my choice after reading the following tutorial:

http://www.linux.com/feature/118179

Hope it helps!

--
    Torribio.

Comment

Re: Keyboard Shortcut Keys

Okay I figured it out, the key was assigned right. It told the OS to launch the webbrowser.

The problem was that "firefox" was set to my default browser. I went to preferred applications and changed the browser to "firefox-2"

So it the key was issuing the right command, but the OS was launching the wrong program!
      My Local Repository<br />Forums I am active on<br />Please help me with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X