I am using Kubuntu 8.04 with KDE 4.1
    I have a wireless driver that I want to use it in my new system
    It is buffalo AirStation Wireless "G"
    Model : WLI-U2-KG125S

Can anyone help me

Kubuntu is WOW !!
    But I need an internet to use it permenently

Re: I need to use buffalo driver on linux

You may want to move this to the Network Support board. You will probably get a response there.

Comment

IF YOU ARE A NEW USER, YOU SHOULD NOT USE EITHER KDE4.0 OR KDE4.1

KDE4.0 is incomplete and KDE4.1 is only a release candidate. If you have only limited experience with Linux, you will be sadly disappointed by your experience with KDE4 at this time. KDE4 was made available for Kubuntu so EXPERIENCED users could participate in the testing process, preparatory to the incluson of KDE4 in the NEXT release of Kubuntu. Please do not judge Linux on the basis of developmental software. That would be exactly like judging M$ on the basis of the initial release of Vista.

Please download and install the standard Kubuntu using KDE 3.5.9, then look at this page at the Ubuntu Community Help Wiki.

Comment

I will use it for programming purposes
        If I change the OS will I solve my problem
        and the page which you gave me does not contain my driver

Comment

Since the reference that I listed did not contain a link to the driver for your hardware, changing to the currently working OS will not solve your wireless problem. Have you investigated ndiswrapper? As to programming, I personally would find it very disconcerting if I learned that I had spent my time debugging a problem in my code that turned out to be a glitch in the OS that disappeared a month or two later.

Comment

I am confused
            I had downloaded ndiswrapper but I could not use it
            I am new to linux
            I don't know how to install programs
            I don't know how to run commands
            but I found a thread how to install a driver with ndiswrapper and it is fantastic and relevant
            but I couldn't understand anything because he is saying install ndiswrapper and then run that command and I don't know how to install programs and run commands

Comment

1) To install a program: Start Adept. I'm afraid I can't tell you how to do that in KDE4. In KDE3.5.9, it would be K>System>"Adept Manager". Then search for the ndiswrapper packages. From a konsole: (K>System>Konsole):
              Code:
              sudo apt-get install ndiswrapper-common ndiswrapper-utils-1.9
              I suspect that ;if you downloaded some other form of ndiswrapper, you will have to remove it from a tarball and compile it. There are several Howto's on this site covering installing from source, so I'll simply remark that installing a package is MUCH easier.

2) To run commands start a konsole (see above).

Comment

I had installed Ubuntu finally

Comment

Working...
                X