Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No longer able to mount Blackberry Pearl.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No longer able to mount Blackberry Pearl.

I have a Blackberry Pearl that mounted fine about three or four weeks ago, but now no longer seems to be detected properly when I connect it. The last time I connected it to my PC it was detected fine, the pop-up appeared in KDE saying that it had discovered new removable media and asking if I wanted to mount it, and it mounted fine as sdb1. Now, plugging it in seems to do nothing. If I go into the System Settings option on the K menu and look at the Disks & Filesystems section the Blackberry is listed (as /dev/sdb), but no options are available to mount it or edit it's mount options. There have been some updates to the kernel and some other packages since then. Does anyone have a clue as to what can be done to get this fixed since I really would like to transfer some photos of the phone and get some new mp3s on there.

Re: No longer able to mount Blackberry Pearl.

Sean did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem with my BlackBerry Curve. Please let me know how it worked out.

Comment

Re: No longer able to mount Blackberry Pearl.

Are you sure you haven't turned off the Mass storage mode on the Blackberry?

You may also be interested by this thread, which is about Blackberry Backup software.

Works a treat!

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3099282.0

Comment

Working...
      X