Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notebook lid button not working after upgrade.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notebook lid button not working after upgrade.

Hi All,

I installed Kubuntu on my new notebook, HP 530 Core Duo 2.16Ghz. Everything got picked up and I'm even running the 3d effets Kwin has now.

One problem... Yesterday I did a full upgrade after the install and now when I close the lid it does not suspend. This worked before the upgrade. Then I installed KPowersave since KDE4.0 only has a battery monitor widget and I couldn't get guidance-power-manager.py to work in KDE4.0 yet(works fine in KDE3.x). Playing around with the settings in KPowersave didn't help at all. The "suspend to RAM" and "suspend to Disk" functions work when I run them from the System Tray. But when the lid is closed nothing happens at all.

I've been reading forums and bug reports and this seemed to be a bug in 6.06. Unfortunately I've found no solutions to the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Re: Notebook lid button not working after upgrade.

I've been doing some more research on this problem and on launchpad I found a discussion about this very problem for the HP 530. Quite a few other makes and models have been reported to have the same issue. One comment that was made is that with the 'vesa' driver the lid button works as expected, ie 'suspend to RAM', but with the 'intel' driver installed this stops working.

Hopefully there is some work around if it is the intel driver that is the problem. And in that case hopefully the bug will be resolved soon...

Comment

Working...
    X