This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel 945

Hello all. I am new to Kubuntu, but I am an experienced Ubuntu user. I love the OS, but am considering changing the GUI though. Anyhow, my question is : I know theres a problem with the Intel video with certain types of 945's which I have in this laptop. Ive read about it on the Ubuntu forums, and there is a fix in the works, but its not due to be released for another month yet. Id prefer not to wait an entire month to get my video fixed if at all possible....the only alternative would be to put MSOS back on here, and I wish to avoid that. So, does K have the same problem as regular Ubuntu, or does anyone happen to know of a fix? Thanks in advance.

Re: Intel 945

Which Intel 945 card/chip do you have? I've a Toshiba Satellite P105 which has:
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
    00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
    I have no problems with it at all. It's seen by Kubuntu HH 8.04 running KDE 3.5.9 and KDE 4.0.5 without any special drivers. I run compiz just fine. And my native screen resolution of 1440x900 (wide screen) just works.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Intel 945

Not sure if I have the same problem.

I am running FF 3.0.1 on my Kubuntu laptop (NEC Versa P7200). I have noticed that on some web pages, FF3 does not reproduce images clearly. There are no such problems when using Konqueror.

At this URL you will find screen shots of a page displayed in FF3 and the same page displayed in Konqueror. The original image is also there.
      http://tempy.ubeauty.fastmail.com.au/

The page is also OK using FF2 on my Vista box.

Comment

Working...
      X