This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't burn DVD iso after 8.04 upgrade

My DVD burner was working just fine under 7.10, then I upgraded to 8.04. Now I can burn iso's to CD, but every time I try to burn a DVD iso, I get a write error.

Any suggestions?

Re: can't burn DVD iso after 8.04 upgrade

Mike, I guess your trying to burn with K3B? Check its setup, after my upgrade, it reset the dvd burner path to /dev/dvdrom
    My burner is accessesed through /media/cdrom2
    You will have to change your setting to where ever you see it in the file system.
    If you still need help reply and one of us helpful kubuntu lovers will assist.

Ted

Comment

Re: can't burn DVD iso after 8.04 upgrade

Yes, you're correct, I'm trying to burn with K3b. I checked the configuration, and it sees the drive at /dev/scd0, tells me it can write to DVD+/-R. I have the DVD tools installed. Burns CD iso's just fine, but I want to burn the Kubuntu DVD to load on my wife's box (I finally convinced her to give it a try!)

Update:

After reading another post related to the subject, I ran the command sudo lshw. Here is the relevant output:

*-cdrom
      description: DVD writer
      product: CD/DVDW TS-H552B
      vendor: TSSTcorp
      physical id: 1
      bus info: scsi@5:0.0.0
      logical name: /dev/cdrom1
      logical name: /dev/dvd1
      logical name: /dev/scd0
      logical name: /dev/sr0
      logical name: /media/cdrom0
      version: GA04
      capabilities: removable audio cd-r cd-rw dvd dvd-r (emphasis added)
      configuration: ansiversion=5 mount.fstype=iso9660 mount.options=ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec state=mounted status=ready

I was using a blank dvd+r disk, which is what I had on hand, and which worked fine prior to the upgrade.

So.......the question becomes..........why could I burn to dvd+r prior to the upgrade, but now can not?

Comment

Working...
      X