This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nividia graphics card driver problems

I'm using an XFX Nvidia GeForce FX 5700 LE graphics card on my PC and followed the instructions to autodetect the best driver with EnvyNG. It's installed the FX generic driver and for basic work it's been acceptable.

However, I'm suspicious that I have an issue with either the driver or card, most obvious when I'm loading games in Kubuntu. I see the egg timer on the tab at the bottom of my screen, then the tab vanishes and nothing else happens. No error message pops up. Very simple games seem to work fine, which also suggested to me that the graphics card was the problem loading the more "flashy" ones.

Should I try installing a new driver with Envy? If so, what's the best way to remove the existing driver and proceed so I don't get the wrong one again?

Incidentally, in the event that the card is just not going to work well under Kubuntu, is there a list of good Nvidia cards which do?

Thanks,

Wenchy

Re: Nividia graphics card driver problems

Well I'm have that same fault with some applications I don't think is a fault with the graphics card but If you want to install the graphics driver for your card go to nvidia and download the Linux drivers for your chip set 32 or 64 which ever version your running and run this

1. Download driver then log out and change session to console login
    2. navigate to where you downloaded the file to
    3. Type the command of " sudo sh ./nameofdriver "
    4. this should run the setup
    5. Then login as root on the normal session on kde
    6. there should be in settings on kde menu a nvida xserver config run this and change what you want.

I never bothered on find out why some of the apps load the tab and disappears with out trace as the app weren't Important.

Any trouble with the instruction let me know am a newbie but that all should work for you also the card should work fine my 6600 gt works fine also my 8600gts perfect too

Comment

Working...
    X