This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syncing a Sony Clie (Palm OS)

I'm trying to sync my Sony Clie TJ35 (yup, pretty ancient! - still the best PDA around for me ) to Hardy. I've tried out a variety of packages: Jpilot, Kpilot, pilot-manager and coldsync. Mainly, I've been trying to follow the gist of http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~milnber/cliehowto.html"]these instructions[/url]. Nothing's worked so far. I have kernel modules usbserial.ko and visor.ko (rather than .o in each case) in /lib/modules, for my current kernel (2.6.24-17-386). They don't appear to be running, though:

stuart@sc493:~$ sudo lsmod | grep visor
    [sudo] password for stuart:
    stuart@sc493:~$ sudo lsmod | grep usb
    usbcore 143724 4 ndiswrapper,ehci_hcd,ohci_hcd
    stuart@sc493:~$

When I start hotsync on the Clie, /var/log/messages gives:

May 9 19:30:37 sc493 kernel: [ 4097.115695] usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 4
    May 9 19:30:37 sc493 kernel: [ 4097.328493] usb 2-2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

and nothing more. I don't know what device file the Clie is using: /dev doesn't have a pilot file, and didn't have ttyUSBx devices until I created them, following the instructions in the howto above. (That didn't seem to help).

Does anybody have any hints or other links to help me get this thing connected? If I could find out for certain what device file the Clie was using, that would probably be a good start...
Working...
X