X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[REOPENED] Fan runs constantly on Dell M1330 after update from 7.10

Hi guys,

I've just updated from Kubuntu 7.10 to Kubuntu 8.04 (KDE3). While the installation went through without a hitch, the operating itself is a bit another story. The fan runs constantly, which is very annoying and totally a different behavior compared to Kubuntu 7.10.

Please, any idea how to fix that? Which information can I provide to track that issue?

Cheers,
    Squirrel

Re: Fan runs constantly on Dell M1330 after update from 7.10

Open Adept Manager and review the details on package i8kutils
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks for the fast response!

The package was not installed. I installed it now and did a reboot, however, the behavior is the same. The fan runs constantly (no load), while it doesn't under 7.10.

Off topic: Could a forum-admin maybe consider to change the redirect after login into the forum? I would like that it returns to the previous site rather than change to the main site...

Comment

Did you check K Menu to see if an application icon for i8kutils was added?
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

No menu entry.

Update
          ====
          It's better now. After 10 minutes or so the system get's it and runs the fan slower, not perfect but acceptable.

Comment

Re: [REOPENED] Fan runs constantly on Dell M1330 after update from 7.10

I'd like to come back to my posting. After several days running HH I can say for sure that the fans are running more frequently. Could it be the Kernel?

Comment

Could this be caused by strigi? After upgrading I found it was using 100% cpu on my system. You could try running 'top' at the command prompt to see if you have the same problem.

Comment

I never used 'strigi' in my life...

Comment

Working...
                X